Wednesday 16 October 2013

My horse card for my first challenge

I was looking at some other blogs and found that this week Charisma Cardz was having a challenge all about Animals. This gave me the incentive to finish a card using my Magnolia stamps Tilda's Brunte and Tilda with Halter. 

Years ago I used to compete in one day eventing on a beautiful big brown thoroughbred gelding. I have always loved horses, so when I saw this stamp, I just had to have it. Brunte has a cheeky look to his face, and I think he would be fun to ride...if he were real of course. I stamped Tilda first and masked her before stamping Brunte.




I didn't have a grass, tree or fence stamp, so I cut the shapes out using my CraftRobo cutter and then coloured in the card with Copic markers. I didn't blend too much as I wanted to give a textured appearance. Here is a closeup of the card, this time taken with a flash.


The images are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Copic Express Card and coloured with Copic Sketch (and Ciao) Markers. The Copics used are as follows: skin: E11, E00, E000, R20 hair: Y26, Y23, Y21 clothes: E50, E51, E53, B24, B26, B29, 100, C9, C7, C5, C3 halter: C2, C3, E59, E57, E55     horse: E59, E57, E55, E29, E51100, C9, C7, C5, C3, C2  grass: YG93, YG25, YG23 tree: E53, E55, C3 fence: E57, E59, E29.

Supplies: 

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with halter, Tilda's Brunte, SU Chalk Talk For You
Paper: floral scrapbooking paper
Accessories:SU ribbon, dimensionals, SU circle punches

I am entering this card into the following Challenge:
Charisma Cardz Animals 


Thanks for taking time to stop by, I hope you enjoyed my card.
Until next time, cheers, Carol


3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card hun and I love the horse he's so handsome. Great job on the colouring too
    Thanks for joining us this week over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
    Good Luck with the challenge
    Hugs
    Marie (A Charisma Gal)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love your sweet image, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Carol, I love the little scene you've created, welcome to blogland, but beware it's addictive!! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete